Forty one...

The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:5-11
~~~~~~~~~~~
Another year, marking life.  In light of Scripture, it causes me to reflect and wonder how my days are spent.  My heart's desire is to use each one to give God glory in all that I do.  How short I have fallen...

 
Oh, though, the taste of grace is so sweet...
His loving kindness bestowed on me...
The reflection of His providential Hand over my life, while I was yet a sinner...
Marrying at seventeen to the man He chose for me.  All the things my husband does throughout the year for me, for our family, for others...love not just reserved for one day - but each day...{thanking the Lord for Him, although I grumble sometimes, he is truly a blessing to me!}
The blessing of eight, thus far, children of my youth {ahem...okay, not quite as youthful today as a couple decades ago}
Wonderful gifts He has given in the way of friends and such loving kindness through them...
The loving acts of kindness in way of birthday wishes from family & friends...a text beginning my day from one dear friend, followed by my children singing {all on their own notes and rhythms} "Happy Birthday", a phone call from my sister at breakfast and a birthday cake for Carolyne {shared with me on my birthday} made by Amanda at A Cake for A Cure...{she works at my midwife's office - Agape Midwifery}.
Arriving home in the afternoon to a beautiful arrangement of sunflowers singing "welcome autumn and Happy Birthday" from another friend thousands of miles away {so precious to me was this surprise, as her days are full ministering to her daughter across the Pacific...}
Time with a dear friend at dinner...time together the true gift! 
The calls received at the end of my day, including my dad {I hasn't home to receive...sorry dad} and the sweet text from another dear friend blessed me and were such an encouragement!  I am so very thankful for His gifts of friendship, His love poured out through each one and the encouragement that He provides me through you!  I love you all!
Thankful for Fullness of Joy in His Presence Another Day ~

And last but certainly not least, surprise carrot cake delivered TODAY...my heart overflows with thanksgiving!

No comments: