FOR TODAY...Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Outside my window...somewhat muggy for an autumn day ~ where did our cool breezes go? Where did the 70 something temps go? I had to turn the air on to get the stickiness out…ugh!

I am thinking...about a lot of things. My mind is like an Energizer bunny…it just keeps going and going and going, especially this time of year.

I am thankful for...

#31 ~ great dental appointments today {five of the children had appointments today and all had great reports},

#32 ~ Sam’s Club {our six week run today after dental check-ups and I am hoping to not go again until after the first of the year…well, maybe for a Christmas shopping trip but not to stock up},

#33 ~ Growing up {Austin got his learner’s permit today yesterday…where does the time go?},


#34 ~ snickerdoodle cookies and the boy who loves to make all things cookies,

#35 ~ Operation Christmas Child {our way to give to those who would not otherwise have and praying that the Gospel message would be shared to each child}

Drop Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes off between November 14-21...click here to find a location near you.

#36 ~ easy meals {Shrimp Alfredo tonight last night and Texas toast…yum}

#37 ~ visits with friends

#38 ~ improving stamina for mom these past few days

#39 ~ nature sightings {yesterday a bald eagle chasing another bird until it dropped the fish in flight at which time the eagle caught it and flew to a nearby tree…and today yesterday a huge red-headed woodpecker} ~ lovely pictures of His creation


#40 ~ opportunities to serve others and hopefully be a witness of His grace

#41 ~ buzz cuts for boys


#42 ~ using leftover veggies to make a nice side dish for dinner…thanks to a friend’s yummy recipe

I am praying for…upcoming weekend events ~ football, a wedding and fellowship time; next week’s activities ~ Thanksgiving dinner here; for yielding hearts to live out the Gospel; a mouth that is SLOW to speak…and ears that are QUICK to listen; a young family going through a challenging time; Mom; the Lord to provide a window of opportunity to spend with a couple friends next week

From the learning rooms...well, I’ve worked on this post for 3 days now…so much learning has been taking place, hence the delay in getting THIS done. I am contemplating shutting down for the rest of the week to just do Thanksgiving stories, activities, and all things related. I think we could all use this time away from our SCHEDULE and focus on history, gratitude and preparations.

From the kitchen...tonight ~ Squash casserole {thanks to my friend’s recipe} as a side dish with rice buttermilk biscuits and stuffed chicken. This week’s menu:


Sunday ~ was SIMPLE…leftovers

Monday ~ “Tortilla Night”!!! VERY happy children!



Tuesday ~ Shrimp Alfredo and Texas toast


Wednesday ~ above

Thursday ~ Baked ziti w/ spinach asiago chicken sausage and garlic rolls

Friday ~ ?...leftovers

Saturday ~ Santé Fe soup topped with shredded fiesta blend cheese, sour cream and Fritos chips…yummy!

I am wearing...white cotton skort, black tee, bare feet and hair pulled back in a simple clipped ponytail

I am creating...Thanksgiving plans and memories as I list a simple agenda and menu for the day…still looking forward to carving out some time for sewing skirts this coming week.

I am going...contemplating taking the children to a historical lecture tomorrow afternoon about the Roosevelt’s, to the Dollar Tree and to the nail salon {using the last of my gift certificate from my birthday…thanks Zach} later today tomorrow evening, and errands Friday afternoon with football practice in the evening…the weekend will comprise of picking up our pork order from a local farm Saturday AM, football directly after that {their last game before playoffs in December}, a much anticipated wedding and sweet fellowship, then church and maybe more fellowship time on Sunday.

I continue reading...just the Bible and read alouds to the children.

I am hearing...the vacuum running in the garage, the AC {yes, it had to be turned on due to sticky humid weather}, a girl just getting up from her afternoon nap and children stirring in their afternoon activities.

Around the house...cleaning, clothes purging and organizing {I feel like I just did this…they just keep growing!}, Thanksgiving Day preparations and lots of paperwork for the business.

One of my favorite things…the smell of the air when it is crisp and cool, fireplaces burning and a nice cup of hot {warm} cocoa…okay, that was three.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing…


Blessings ~


 Linked to:


Ann

Peggy


Laura

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you do your pictures! Is it a program that came with your camera? Love to know how to do that! Also the way you do several memes all in one post. Sweet little bundle of joy!

Jarnette @ Seasons of Life said...

Hi Monica ~

I create the collage by using Picnic, a website for photo editing. It's super simple and to upgrade from their FREE usage to premier was very inexpensive...which I did after getting some use of the FREE options for awhile.

As for linking to several memes...I paste each button/site image as a picture {saved onto My Pictures in Windows} then open a separate tab on Internet Explorer for each one I am linking to. I highlight my post link address and copy it, then paste it on each meme page. Sounds confusing but really is simple.

Thanks for all your encouraging comments and visits. It is a blessing to know that some one out there is reading and encouraged as well. ;D

Blessings in Him & Happy Thanksgiving!

Jessica said...

ok...I've run across your blog a few times now. I like it. What king of tortilla press are you using it looks amazing. I've been rolling mine out ans can't seem to get them flat enough-does this help? And I want to keep making them whole wheat, can you use this neat gadget just the same?

Jessica said...

Follow up on the tortilla maker! Thanks for the info!! My husband got one for our family Christmas gift! Thought I'd better follow your blog since I keep visiting!

Season of Life said...

Jessica ~

Merry Christmas and Welcome! Glad to hear about your Christmas present and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE tortilla night! ;-) May you have a blessed day and a healthy and joyfilled New Year!

Blessings in Him ~

Jarnette